Take Abilify exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it. Do not change the dose or stop taking Abilify yourself.
Abilify can be taken with or without food. Abilify tablets should be swallowed whole.
If you miss a dose of Abilify, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, just skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time. Do not take two doses of Abilify at the same time.
If you have been prescribed Abilify Discmelt, take it as follows:
- Do not open the blister until ready to take the Discmelt tablet.
- To remove one Discmelt tablet, open the package and peel back the foil on the blister to expose the tablet.
- Do not push the tablet through the foil because this could damage the tablet.
- Immediately upon opening the blister, using dry hands, remove the tablet and place the entire Abilify Discmelt Orally Disintegrating Tablet on the tongue.
- Tablet disintegration occurs rapidly in saliva. It is recommended that Abilify Discmelt be taken without liquid. However, if needed, it can be taken with liquid.
- Do not attempt to split the Discmelt tablet.